I was working with a CF9 + Flex 4 example last night. This was a new installation of CF9 - and I hadn't tweaked any of the remoting settings at all (more on that in a bit). I was setting up a data paging example - and noticed that the Flex application was going crazy. From the network monitor I noticed that it was making continuous calls - and eventually caused the application to hang. After further analysis in the network monitor, I determined that Flex was receiving the objects back from ColdFusion - but they didn't contain any data. I hadn't seen this issue before.
After rummaging through the remoting config files, I discovered the issue. My bean CFC was using ColdFusion 9's new implicit getters/setters. To get this to work properly, you have to change a setting in the remoting config( specifically in services-config.xml):
use-implicit-accessors to true, ColdFusion then uses the new implicit getters and setters in CF9 for your remoting calls. With that quick fix (and a restart) everything was working perfectly.
We are now only two weeks away from Flash Camp Atlanta! We have some amazing speakers lined up including names like: Ben Stucki, Jesse Warden, Greg Wilson (Adobe), Christian Saylor, Carl Smith, Lief Wells, and more... You will certainly want to be at this event.
I will be speaking on ORM for the AIR Developer at Flash Camp Atlanta. I will be covering the different solutions that are available today - and how to develop and work with an actual domain model for your AIR application. Let me know if you have any questions on using an ORM solution - and I will be sure to cover them in my session.