This page is an archive of my old blog. Please visit DavidTucker.net for my current blog.
This site is no longer being maintained and commenting is disabled.

AIR Cookbook – Get Involved!

I am so excited about the upcoming AIR Cookbook. We went and got a great group of authors for this project: Marco Casario, Rich Tretola, and Koen De Weggheleire as well as myself.

The great news: Just as with the Flex 3 Cookbook, the community is going to play a large role in this book.

The Online AIR Cookbook

The Online AIR Cookbook will be your gateway to getting your entry into the book:

Share your knowledge. We’re looking for new and original solutions and work-arounds to common coding problems related to building Flex, Flash, or HTML/Ajax-based apps on Adobe AIR. If you have a solution related to the following or any other topic related to building on AIR: Bridging content from different security sandboxes Using transactions with queries Including a database in an AIR application Consuming eBay Web Services Reading and writing data from a file Making creative use of the Service Monitor Framework …be sure to post it to the AIR cookbook for a chance to have your solution appear in the upcoming Adobe AIR Cookbook to be published by O’Reilly. All posts will receive equal consideration.

CLICK HERE to get all of the information on the online AIR Cookbook and its connection to the book.

Needed Entries

One of the best ways to get your information included in the AIR Cookbook, is to look at the list of entries that we are seeking. I am keeping an updates list of those items here on my site: view the list. Find a topic that you are interested in – and then go to the online AIR Cookbook and submit your entry (be sure to opt-in to the O’Reilly program to be considered for the book).

Pre-Order the Book

If you really, really, want to get your copy ordered early – Amazon already has the book listed (but remember – the book will be out late this year).

AIR Cookbook

13 Responses to “AIR Cookbook – Get Involved!”

1. that’s great news – I love the cookbooks and as somebody following the AIR since last summer I feel obliged to get into the book :)
    Thanks for the announce :)

2. John Sanders says:

That’s pretty cool. I’m pretty new at cooking. Would I have a shot at getting an entry into the AIR Cookbook?

3. David Tucker says:

@John – Unfortunately the entry process for the AIR Cookbook is over.

4. Dwain Falb says:

here i go once more, invariably finding mundane topics to scan about. although this one was a somewhat additional attention-grabbing than what I’m normally used to

5. Treme says:

Hello, I look at all your articles, keep them coming.

6. j 41 shoes says:

thanks for the inspiration I was stressed by work but i learnt that life is about living to the fullest and enjoying every moment.Thanks a million

7. Following my dispatch on Chatroulette, here is the viral video.Chatroulette is the biggest sensation of the moment. As you can envision the vim on.

8. Eva Schmal says:

Just noticed a webcam site called Chat Spasm, a chat site with girls.

9. hey there this is a tremendous web log, would you think about being a invitee writer on my blog?

10. Nicole says:

Is this book still available?

11. HP Drivers says:

Sup, did you look into the blackhat marketing tool Torrent Poison Pro? They have a special promotion this particular week giving a one hundred fifty dollar price cut if you are using the promo code “torrentmarketing2011″ – Just wanted to let a compatible online marketer know .. Cheers

12. It’s easy to see that you’re chuffed about your writing. Cheers!

13. What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its aided me. Great job.Thanks , I have just been searching for info about this subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve discovered so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?