This page is an archive of my old blog. Please visit DavidTucker.net for my current blog.
This site is no longer being maintained and commenting is disabled.

Strange Coldfusion Issue

At work I push out all of the website updates (to our Farcry CMS) through ANT (using the scp task). I recently upgraded to Eclipse 3.3 / ANT 1.7. Now, every time I push the update out, Coldfusion (CF8) returns a ” File not found” error for the index.cfm file (root of the site). The file is clearly there, and Apache can still serve files in the directory, but Coldfusion doesn’t believe the file is there. I have tried clearing the template cache, but that doesn’t seem to fix the issue. It is a Linux machine, but all of the permission/ownership settings are correct. Anyone run into this before?
For more information: I am running CF 8 on RHEL 5 in a multiple instance setup (using virtual hosts in Apache 2.2).

10 Responses to “Strange Coldfusion Issue”

1. Jim says:

What if you manually copy the file over using SSH? Sounds like a permission issue to me… Is the user ColdFusion is running under the same as the uploaded files?

2. David Tucker says:

@Jim – The permissions are correct (although that was my first thought too). I could copy it over manually, but my ANT build file is pretty complex (search/replace, testing, then upload).

3. rotts says:

is selinux enabled, if so do the files you are trying to serve have the proper selinux context ( ls -laZ )

4. David Tucker says:

@rotts – Very true. I have run into that before. However on this box SELINUX is disabled.

5. David Tucker says:

After a Re-Install everything is working properly (other strange things were happening too – so I just broke down and did it).

6. M. Williams says:

I am having the same problem. Except I am using dreamweaver to push the files to a subdomain. It has happened to two different files that I uploaded. I even restarted CF8. If I rename the same file it works with no problems. The only action taken was a simple FTP upload to put the updated files on the server. Any ideas?

7. David Tucker says:

@M.Williams – Unfortunately, my only solution was a re-install. However, after that, things seemed to resolve themselves. Wish I had a better answer for you.

8. good very good…

9. abb159 says:

Hello,Our store sells a variety of Dioctahedral smectite,smecta ,montmorillonite clay and Diosmectite,the Bentonite include Clarifying Agent,Fining Agent,Toxin Binder and Bentonite.what you want ? please click my Online Shop